Let’s Get Busy!
From its founding days, the Howard County Autism Society has been made strong by a dedicated group of volunteers. With the help of our many volunteers who contribute to every aspect of the organization-from advocacy, program planning, administrative duties, newsletter writing, and marketing to organizing social events, auctions, and major fundraising events-we are able to do expand our involvement in more areas than ever and provide our families with the best support possible.
Whether it is helping with advocacy, program and conference planning, public awareness campaigns, or transition and adult issues, we have a committee for you! If you are looking for a way to contribute, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities available.
You can see our current volunteer opportunities here. You can also fill out our application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Programs & Conferences (helping to coordinate monthly support group meetings, speakers, workshops, social events, and conferences)
- One Step Closer . . . Autism Walk (helping to plan the annual fall walk and volunteering the day of the event)
- Pieces of the Puzzle Gala (helping with all aspects of the auction and volunteering the day of the event)
- Public Awareness Campaigns (helping to create the annual Autism Awareness Month campaign, distributing promotional literature, newsletter and website)
- General Office Assistance (helping office staff with day-to-day duties such as mailing thank yous, etc.)
- Transition and Adulthood
- Marketing and Social Media